First of all, I wanna say Happy Eid Mubarak for all my muslim friends. Eid Mubarak usually comes with the tradition of going home to enjoy the family time together. Here in Indonesia, this tradition is so sacred and all people do that. So yes, if all people do that, then it means your going to face the biggest traffic jam in a year. You're so lucky if you could pass that in 3 hours. Some people need all day to get out from the traffic jam.
Let's agree that stuck in a traffic jam could be the perfect way to stress up our day. It doesn't have to be though. Here's I give you 5 tips about how to enjoy traffic jam
1. Do a karaoke. This is the most common tips I can give to you. Because well, everbody does that. What else to do than sing along with everything the radio airs?
2. Here's the 'what else to do'. Play games with your companion. My favorite is the dare game. It's like the truth or dare game, but the only choice is to do the dare. The dare must engange strangers. For example, "I dare you to open the window seat and say "I love you" 10 times to 10 different people outside!"
3. Another game to play is find the word I said. You can play this game only if you're not stuck in highway jam. Like when you pass any street signs, or any shop with unique name, or any inscription then you ask your friends "Find the word 'Pin'!" So they have to look around and find it. For example, from the word 'pineapple'. Yes, you can only take some letters from the actual world to make it harder to answer. It would be more fun if there's a punishment for those who can't find the letters.
4. Brush with greatness. Chances are infinitesimal the driver next to you is famous, but that doesn't mean you can't pretend they are. Be an enthusiastic, gushy fan for them and see if they really believe it.
5. This is the most important tips from me. Have a snack! Savor that granola bar or slowly sip that coffee you bought earlier is always helpful. Never ever ever hit the road without any snacks in your car. It will keep your energy and your spirits up.
So that's what I usually do to enjoy the traffic jam. Do you do what I usually do too?